Saturday, December 10, 2016

Binge Watching

Image result for the crown

With Thanksgiving break just behind me it's a wonder I didn't binge a thing. In fact, I barely turned on a TV. I think being a college student when you go home for only a few days you mentally plan to binge, go to the store, catch up with friends and family, but in reality only end up doing half the things you said you were going to do. For me, my neglect came from not binge watching.

Despite this, I am certainly accustom to binge watching television. A few weeks prior I binged The Crown, Shameless, and a bit of Westworld. The binge culture is interesting because for Netflix shows, the excitement only comes in bursts. For instance, a Netflix show gets released and is talked about immensly for a few weeks, but then dies down. Whereas a cable show will be talked about for months because a new episode is being released every week. I much prefer binging in terms of a consumer because I can watch at my own pace, but I hope it doesn't cause an adversely bad reaction when it comes to longevity and profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment